The Ornamental Metal Institute of New York
The Ornamental Metal Institute of New York is a not-for-profit association created in 1972 to advance the interests of the architectural, ornamental and miscellaneous metal industries. In this regard, the Institute sponsors programs to aid developers, architects, engineers and construction managers in the design of this work. The geographical area served by the Institute encompasses the City of New York and the adjacent counties of Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester.
Programs in which the Institute is engaged include:
- Consultations on the design and finishes for bronze, stainless steel, and aluminum for architectural and ornamental work, curtain wall systems, window walls, and metal windows and panels; consultations on the use of alloys and surface treatments in designs for miscellaneous metal work.
- Seminars covering the above addressed to developers, architects, engineers, construction managers, detailers and fabricators—the Institute is a registered provider of the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES)
- Representation before government bodies and agencies in matters of laws, codes and regulations which affect the industry, and the encouragement of programs that will expand the volume of building construction in the area
- Granting of subsidies to architecture and engineering schools; funding of research programs related to the advancement and growth of the industry.
- Publication of Metals in Construction, a biannual magazine dedicated to showcasing projects featuring architectural, ornamental and miscellaneous work. Institute staff are available to provide consulting services and information concerning architectural, ornamental and miscellaneous metal products and work by contacting The Ornamental Metal Institute of New York offices at 211 East 43 Street, Suite 804, New York, NY 10017. Contact Gary Higbee, AIA, director of industry development: email@example.com
Board of Trustees
United Iron, Inc.
Mount Vernon, NY
Post Road Iron Works
W&W Glass Systems, Inc.
Ment Brothers I.W. Co. Inc.
New York, NY
Metralite Industries, Inc.
Skyline Steel Corp.
Executive Director and General Counsel
Director of Industry Development